Friday, June 19, 2009

First but not feast

As this is my first message on this "blog", I'm going to try to explain my intentions here.
Music and cinema are my most important passions, among many others.
Everyday I'm going to some movie theatre(s), and the rest of the time I'm listening to music (even if I have other occupations).
Not only do I try to watch any single movie opening each week (on wednesday here in Paris, best city in the world for cinema-lovers), but I also try to see any earlier movie I haven't seen yet (there are some ^^).
I do like absolutely any movie I can watch, even if I give it 1/10, simply for the fact that the contemplation of art is a luxury I can afford, and I don't want to forget that the major part of humanity cannot.
Citicizing a film is thus only a way of criticizing the world we live in, and I'll do it in english only because I have friends all around the world (maybe sometimes I'll post in some other languages...), but please feel free to post comment in other languages, it's a free world !

Cinema is an art, and therefore any movie deserves being seen entirely if you want to legitimately criticize it.
I have never fled from a movie theatre before the end of a film, even if I thought it was an absolutely null movie.
Since I also use IMDb, I will post IMDb links for the films I criticize.
Under some circumstances might I post about something else than cinema.
My nickname is Kamiku.


2 comments:

  1. Thank's for your blog !!
    Don't forget to post any link on facebook, your film critics are so fun.

    I note that you've chosen the picture of Jûgatsu for the banner, great movie is'nt it ?

    Sinon, je sais pas pourquoi je t'écris en anglais, peut-être l'ambiance du blog...

    ++

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually there are pictures from some of my favourite movies in this banner (I couldn't put them all, though, I've got too many "favourite movies"...).

    "3 - 4 x jûgatsu" (Takeshi Kitano, 1990) is indeed my favourite movie ever, and this very picture is obviously one of my favourite images from the whole cinema. It's an imitation of a scene from Godard's "Pierrot le fou", but the cactus were replaced with those beautiful orange flowers (Strelitzia reginae, aka "Bird of Paradise").

    Can you find the other movies displayed in the banner ? ^^

    ReplyDelete